Maretron SMS100 Short Message Service Module (SMS100-01)
Maretron’s SMS100 is a mobile or cellular modem that automatically sends text message alerts from your vessel to your phone. The SMS100 works together with Maretron’s® dedicated displays (DSM Series) or N2KView® software to detect programmable alert conditions from sensors interconnected on an NMEA 2000® network. The displays or N2KView® software instruct the SMS100 to connect to the cellular network and transmit an alert message to selected telephone numbers. Whether it is high bilge water, low battery voltage, unplugged shore power, or an opened hatch or door, the SMS100 quickly alerts you to conditions onboard your vessel that require attention anywhere you have cellular network coverage.
You can also send a text message to your vessel and with the proper sensors installed, the SMS100 will respond with status information including the vessels position, bilge status, battery and shore power voltage, wind speed, inside and outside temperature.
Additionally, N2KView can be configured to respond to text messages with more complex sentences. You specify the text of the reponse message with parameters that are replaced dynamically by their values when the message is sent.
- Programmable alerts (Alarms or warnings) from maretron installed displays and sensors on the vessel automatically trigger text messages which are sent to your phone
- User can text vessel for status, which also double-checks communication path to ensure alerts get through.
- Vessel Position: GPS200 (with Device Instance 0)
- Bilge: monitored by a RIM100 or SIM100 (with Bank Status Instance 0) on channel 1
- Battery Voltage: DCM100 (with Battery Instance 0)
- AC Voltage: ACM100 (with Device Instance 0)
- Wind Speed: WSO100 (with Device Instance 0)
- Inside Temperature: TMP100 (with designated channel as Inside Temperature Instance 0)
- Outside Temperature: WSO100 (with Outside Temperature Instance 0)
- Six band GSM modem with easily interchangeable mini-SIM card (NearShoreNetworks SIM card is pre-installed, which allows unlimted text messaging in 212 countries. User activation and monthly subscription is required.)
- Dipole terminal antenna with hinged SMA connector with versatile mounting options
- Weatherproof (IP65) enclosure