Coursemaster CM880 auto pilot
The robust, high performance commercial CM880 autopilot incorporates all the intelligence and specialised features required for optimal steering of workboats, large trawlers and freighters of 50 – 10,000 tonnes or more. It offers simple panel controls for course change, yaw, trim, rate control and mode functions even when wearing thick work gloves.
The CM880 autopilot designed to IMO standards for use on workboats, trawlers and freighters of 50 tonnes to 10,000 tonnes or more is a high performance commercial autopilot and the result of over three years of working closely with workboat and freighter captains; ongoing software development since the launch of the respected CM650 pilot; and 18 months of exhaustive sea trials on coastal freighters, workboats and trawlers both in Australia and overseas.
The CM880 is a very robust, single-package unit and incorporates all the specialised features required for the fine control of steering a large vessel while offering simple front panel control even when wearing thick work gloves:
- adjustable turn rate in 5 degree steps for smoother course changes
- LED bar indicator for rudder angle and separate rudder sensitivity control
- yaw control for reducing rudder activity in heavy seas
- counter rudder (rate) factor
- choice between manual or automatic trim for weather helm or for towing off-centre loads
- visual warning when full helm has been applied
- optional CM528 analogue steering interface to suit 360-degree nozzle and jet drive steering systems
- accepts heading imputs from a fluxgate compass, flat top compass slave or a digital input from a gyrocompass
- all NMEA navigation sentences are supported
- range of optional remote steering positions available
- range of remote helms may be fitted